This is the season of flowers, sunshine, champagne, Easter eggs, roast Lamb and salads that bring the bounty of the season indoors. This year, I have challenged myself to experience ten new pleasure inducing things each month. So far it has been remarkably successful. Adding small, non-essentials into the day bring light and adventure into the day.
Here is a list of fun things that are on my list…. feel free to add them to yours.
- Try a new warm beverage in the morning and pay for the drink of a random person.
- Perform a random act of kindness.
- Buy a bottle of local wine, a block of cheese and a loaf of fresh bread. Enjoy.
- Write and mail a letter to a family member.
- Read a really good romance.
- Practice active gratitude.
- Swap out my sofa pillows and bed linens for something bright and pretty.
- Have an impromptu catch-up session with a friend… just because. It’s Spring and you have time (or are making time to enjoy their company.)
- Enjoy a lunch walk. Pack yourself a snack and enjoy a little of the fresh air.
- Buy a bunch of flowers for no reason other than it is Spring.
- Seek out a new way to prepare your favorite vegetable.
- Splurge and get the Irish or French butter. Trust me, it’s delicious.
- Visit your local historical society. Pull up a chair and chat with the staff. Learn a new story.
- Explore your feminine-frilly side. Indulge in a twirl ready dress, if desired.
- Be a kid and dance in the rain.
- Take a trip to your local Arboretum. It’s glorious, controlled nature. Grab one of their calendars — I bet you’ll see ten activities that you want to try another time.
Cheers to a new season,