This week I had the pleasure of visiting the Houston Auto Show for a media trip with She Buys Cars. It was my first experience at the Houston Show which is held at the NRG Center, off of Kirby, near the Downtown Medical District.
It’s a gorgeous center with plenty of outdoor parking and the option of valet. Expect kind people, Houston hospitality, a great, clean facility nestled within an easy shopping and dining district.
Once inside, think of it as a 700,000 square foot Auto Mall where you can shop for cars and other automobiles while seeing the latest and greatest in automotive innovation. It’s such a fun and leisurely experience. It is also great place to bring the family, learn about vehicle trends, compare brands, ask questions and try out new vehicles in a no pressure environment.
- Below are some of the fun memories that I made during my trip.
- Don’t miss the Jeep Terrain Rides, the Seldom Seen Cars Section or seeing the NASCARs that are out on the floor. Make space in your camera’s gallery.
- The Auto Show Experience is designed for exploring and list-making — make the most of that and be open to it.
- The Toyota Green Screens are fun and Rally photos are neat memory-makers that are delivered direct to your email.
- Bring your Driver’s License as the Ride and Drives are some of my favorite activities. They help you to get a real feel for how a car handles and moves on the road.
- Remember that the brand representatives are friendly and knowledgeable — feel free to pick their brains. Wear comfy shoes and be prepared to have a great time.
To make your own, visit the Houston Auto Show this weekend.
1 NRG Center
Tickets are $12 for adults and $5 for children. Available here
April 5 – 9, 2017
- Wed – Fri
- Noon – 9:30 pm
- 10:00 am – 9:30 pm
- 10:00 am – 7:00 pm